Welcome to Navy Live blog coverage of the 2019 Surface Navy Association National Symposium in Arlington, Virginia, where naval leaders, government officials and members of private industry will discuss a broad range of professional and career issues for the surface community.
The theme for this year’s symposium, which will be held Jan. 15-17, is “Ready, Agile, Focused: Own the Fight!”
Follow this page for updates and live streams.
The below schedule is subject to change. All times are in Eastern Standard.
Tuesday, Jan. 15
- 1 p.m.: Opening remarks by retired Vice Adm. Barry McCullough
- 1:10 p.m.: State of the Surface Force by Vice Adm. Richard Brown, commander, Naval Surface Forces/commander, Naval Surface Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet
- 2:10 p.m.: Surface Navy Vision by Rear Adm. Ronald Boxall, director, Surface Warfare
- 4 p.m.: Keynote address by Vice Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Bill Moran
Wednesday, Jan. 16
- 2:15 p.m.: Keynote address by Vice Adm. Lisa Franchetti, commander, U.S. 6th Fleet
- 3:15 p.m.: Innovative accelerated acquisition panel
- 4:15 p.m.: Keynote address by Secretary of the Navy Richard V. Spencer
Thursday, Jan. 17
- 8:30 a.m.: Keynote address by Adm. Christopher Grady, commander, U.S. Fleet Forces Command